Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Daffodils


I was looking through a magazine, the laundry spinning away in the
dryer, a well read magazine. I'll thoroughly wash my hands at home.Kids were running wild. I drew my feet in, nothing worse than a toe stomping.

There was a picture in the magazine. A grassy hillside covered with a blanket of daffodils. I leaned back in the plastic, modern chair,
pulling my feet below me. I imagined laying upon the grass, feeling
the cool moistness, inhaling the scent of wildflowers, and hearing the bees buzzing about the flowers. And the yellow of the daffodils.

Yellow, refreshing, bright, and clean. Laying there I closed my eyes. I imagined myself melting into the hillside, being part of the grass, the flowers and even the bees.

"Ouch!" One of the kids ran by bouncing a toy off my knee.I rubbed at the point of injury. I'll survive. It was then that a bus pulled to a stop out on the street. I stood and walked to the doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment